Serbia and Balkans
- Serbia: Serbia (officially THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA) is on the crossroads of central and south east Europe, southern part of Pannonia Plain and center of the Balkan peninsula.
- Serbia is on the borderlines with Hungary on the north, Romania and Bulgaria on the east, Macedonia and Albania on the south and Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia on the west.
Capital of Serbia is Belgrade, which is one of the most antique and the biggest cities in south east Europe
Official language is Serbian and official alphabet is Cyrillic. Official currency is Dinar
- Serbia has about 7 million habitants
- Serbia is located in central European time zone GMT +1 (GMT+2 summer time)
- Pannonia Plain is located on the north and it covers about 1/3 of the country (Vojvodina and Macka), while east plane is located in Valeska Plain. Central part of the country with the heart in Somalia region is mainly hill zone with a lot of rivers. Mountains are mainly dominating the south parts of the Serbia. West and north-west of Serbia is the region of Dinar mountains that follow the flow of Ibra river. You will be able to see Karpati mountains in the east parts of Serbia
Stara Mountain (Old mountains) as a part of Rodop mountain chain on south-east part of Serbia.
The highest peak is Midzor,on Stara mountain with the 2169m above the sea level (7116ft) (the highest Serbian peek with the exception of Kosovo).The lowest plane is on just 17m above the sea level (56ft), witch is close to the Danube river next to Prahovo.
The biggest lake is Djerdap lake (163 square meters (63 square meters)) and the longest river passing is Danube (58735km(36496,24miles))
- Climate/continental climate on the north, mild continental on the south and mountain climate on the high mountains.
- Most important cities in Serbia :
Belgrade/about 1600000 inhabitants
Novi Sad/about 250000 inhab
Nis/about 190000 inhabitants